won 14 college media awards, including Best of Show, at the annual Associated Collegiate Press/College Media Association conference in Austin, Texas this weekend. This is the most awards won at the conference in the paper’s history.
Categories included individual and organizational awards in writing, photography, multimedia, design, print and online. Hundreds of entries from across the country were judged by media professionals to determine a handful of winners.
Radio DePaul also won several Pinnacle awards – including first in Best Podcast and Best Radio Promo/PSA – from the College Media Association.
See the full list of The DePaulia’s awards below.College Media Association Pinnacle Awards
Associated Collegiate Press Pacemakers
- First place, Four-Year Weekly Newspaper of the Year
- First place, Best Ad Supplement/Special Section - Apartment guide
- First place, News Package - DePaul students take stand against sexual assault
- at Take Back the Night, by Courtney Jacquin and Erin Yarnall
- Third place, Best General News Story - Chicago Recovery Alliance aims to reduce drug harm, by Kevin Gross
- Third place, Newspaper Feature Page/Spread - by Carolyn Duff and Erin Yarnall
- Second place, Best Special Section - Apartment guide
- Third place, Best Profile - DePaul alumna Natalie Jaresko serves as Ukraine finance minister, by Julian Hayda
Best in Show
- Fourth place, Story of the Year: News Story - 286 percent rise in adjunct faculty in academia, by Parker Asmann
- Honorable Mention, Story of the Year: Diversity Story - Diversity at DePaul: The day-to-day fight for inclusion and equality, by Parker Asmann
- Fourth place, Multimedia Story of the Year: Multimedia News - The reality of crime: Theft among the highest crimes reported at DePaul, by Courtney Jacquin
- Honorable Mention, Design of the Year: Newspaper Page/Spread - by Carolyn Duff
- Fifth place, Photo of the Year: Feature Photo - by Courtney Jacquin
- First place in Four-Year Weekly category
- First place in Multimedia Package