Stand out as a job candidate in your field and gain a global perspective by interning abroad. Through the College of Communication Internship Program, you can apply for a full-time international internship offered by one of our partner organizations, Academic Programs International (API) or Sage Corps. While you’re working and living abroad, you’ll take an online course through the College of Communication that counts towards your DePaul degree.
*Note: The dates listed are final deadlines. We encourage you to apply as early as possible for the best internship placement opportunities.
- Internship duration: Eight weeks (mid-June – August)
- Course: 10 weeks; either CMN 395 (undergraduate) or CMN 591 (graduate)
- Application deadlines (Summer 2019):* February 1, 2019 (API) or March 28, 2019 (Sage Corps)
How to Apply for an Internship Abroad
- Explore available internship opportunities through API or Sage Corps.
- Apply for an internship directly on the API or Sage Corps website.
- After you’ve been accepted as an intern through one of our partners, apply to enroll in the online summer course offered by the College of Communication.
- Undergraduate students apply to enroll in CMN 395 (4 credit hours), a 10-week summer course that satisfies the Experiential Learning Requirement or counts as a CMN elective.
- Graduate students apply to enroll in CMN 591 (4 credit hours), a 10-week summer course that counts as an elective.
Internship Abroad Partners
We partner with reputable organizations that will help you gain valuable experience for your professional career. Both API and Sage Corps provide rigorous, high-quality internships that are relevant to a variety of communication fields.
DePaul’s primary role is to help you earn internship credit while you work abroad. Our partners will handle all arrangements connected to your international internship and will bill you directly for all services provided.
Academic Programs International (API)
Internships are available in vetted small- to mid-sized organizations in:
- Europe: England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain
- Latin America: Argentina, Chile
- South Pacific: Australia, New Zealand
Internships are available in vetted start-up organizations in:
- Asia: China, Hong Kong
- Europe: The Netherlands, Germany, Ireland
- Latin America: Argentina, Chile, Mexico
- South Pacific: Australia
Questions? Contact Graciela Kenig, Communication Internships Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org