students can hone their professional skills through a 10-week
internship. The experience allows them to take advantage of Chicago’s
thriving communication industry while working with experienced
professionals. Please note that internships are not required.
Step 1: Request Access to an Online Orientation Session (Must participate within 12 months of the
The College of Communication
graduate internship experience begins with a dynamic orientation session
where you will learn:
- How to earn academic credit for one or more internships
- Proven methods to find your dream internship — or future job —
through DePaul-sponsored and external resources (If you do not already
have an internship.)
- Career management tips to make the best use of resources while
working at your internship site
To request access to the online
session, please click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/onlineaccess) Once
enrolled through D2L, you can participate at your convenience.
2: If you have requested access to an internship orientation session or, have participated in a session within the last 12 months, please proceed to the appropriate next step below:
Prior to applying credit for an internship, students must:
- Complete a minimum of two courses in their graduate program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in their graduate coursework
- Participate in a graduate internship (online) orientation session.
- Submit an internship proposal. Graciela Kenig, internship program director, must approve the internship in order for students to earn credit.
- If the internship is approved, students will be registered for CMN 591 Internship Practicum.
If you have satisfied all of the requirements above, please continue to Step 2 as instructed in How to Apply for Internship Credit.
For More Information
If you have questions about completing the Internship Program, please
contact the Internship Program Director Graciela Kenig, at (312)
362-7988 or email@example.com