students can hone their professional skills through a 10-week
internship. The experience allows them to take advantage of Chicago’s
thriving communication industry while working with experienced
professionals. Please note that internships are not required.
Step 1: Attend a Graduate Internship Workshop
This session offers participants an opportunity to learn how to find an internship or future job by utilizing advanced search techniques through DePaul and other external resources. It also provides proven career management strategies that can lead to successful experiences in the workplace.
Wednesday, April 19th, Loop Campus 14 E Jackson, Room 1842, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Register here.
Thursday, May 18th, Loop Campus 14 E Jackson, Room 18424:30 – 5:30 p.m. Register here.
Have you attended or registered for an internship workshop? If so, please proceed to the next step, Finding an Internship, or Applying for Academic Credit.
If you have already obtained an internship, please refer to our internship standards under the Finding an Internship page.
Prior to applying credit for an internship, students must:
- Complete a minimum of two courses in their graduate program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in their graduate coursework
- Attend a graduate internship workshop.
- Submit an internship proposal. Graciela Kenig, internship program director, must approve the internship in order for students to earn credit.
- If the internship is approved, students will be registered for CMN 591 Internship Practicum.
For More Information
If you have questions about completing the Internship Program, please
contact the Internship Program Director Graciela Kenig, at (312)
362-7988 or email@example.com