students can hone their professional skills through a 10-week
internship. The experience allows them to take advantage of Chicago’s
thriving communication industry while working with experienced
professionals. Please note that internships are not required.
Step 1: Request Access to an Online Orientation Session
The College of Communication
undergraduate internship experience begins with a dynamic orientation session
where you will learn:
· How to
earn academic credit for one or more internships
methods to find your dream internship — or future job — through
DePaul-sponsored and external resources
To request access to the online
session, please click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/onlineaccess) Once
enrolled through D2L, you can participate at your convenience.
Have you participated or
registered for an internship orientation session? If so, please proceed to Step
2, Finding an
Internship, or Applying for Academic
If you have already obtained an internship, please refer to our internship standards under the Finding an Internship page.
Prior to applying credit for an internship, students must:
- Complete a minimum of two courses in their graduate program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above in their graduate coursework
- Attend a graduate internship workshop.
- Submit an internship proposal. Graciela Kenig, internship program director, must approve the internship in order for students to earn credit.
- If the internship is approved, students will be registered for CMN 591 Internship Practicum.
For More Information
If you have questions about completing the Internship Program, please
contact the Internship Program Director Graciela Kenig, at (312)
362-7988 or email@example.com