Academic credit is earned when a student interns in an organization while taking an internship course.
- Step 1: Participate in an Online Internship Orientation Session
- Step 2: Obtain an internship that meets the Internship Position Standards below.
- Step 3: Obtain an unofficial transcript through Campus Connect per the attached instructions. Transcript Retrieval Procedure.pdf
- Step 4: Complete and submit a brief online form that will tell us about you and your internship. Note: You must have a firm offer in order to complete the form. You will need the name of your supervisor, their contact information, and details about your internship. These include approximate hours, start date, and duties.
|Quarter you plan to enroll in a CMN internship course
|Complete the Internship Orientation
Internship Position Standards
An internship position must carry significant responsibilities in the student’s field of study, giving him or her opportunities to hone skills while exploring career issues and interests. The position should involve substantial interaction with professional staff and/or supervisory personnel who can provide guidance and mentoring.
- An internship must be a significant position, which gives the student an opportunity to explore career development issues and interests.
- Duration of at least 10 weeks; working at least 10 hours/week
- Workload includes at least two learning objectives/responsibilities that provide experience in the student’s major
- The position should not entail more than 25% clerical work
- It should involve substantial interaction with professional staff and/or supervisory personnel who can provide guidance and discuss the organization’s vision, goals and objectives
- Work must be performed in a workplace/business environment
- Work must be performed while the student is enrolled in an internship course.
Authorization for International Students
If you have an F-1 or J-1 non-immigrant visa status, you must first obtain the necessary authorization to engage in off-campus employment from International Student and Scholar Services (ISS). If you have any questions regarding employment authorization, contact ISS.