Undergraduate tuition is structured on a package rate. For 2017–2018, the College of Communication full-time tuition rate is $38,410 (12–18 credits). Students who enroll in more than 18 credits are charged at the part-time credit rate.
For more information on tuition rates, please visit DePaul’s tuition website.
Students who plan to fund their education through federal loans should complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). DePaul’s Financial Aid Office will create a financial aid package based on your FAFSA information.
College of Communication Named and Endowed Scholarship Opportunities
Through the generosity of alumni and friends, the following named and endowed scholarship opportunities are available to majors in the College of Communication. Criteria and award amounts vary and require a filed FAFSA. Apply through Scholarship Connect at depaul.academicworks.com.
- The Carlos Hernandez Meritorious Endowed Award for Undergraduate Journalism awards an outstanding undergraduate junior or senior enrolled in the Journalism program and completing an internship with financial need.
- The College of Communication Decade of Excellence Scholarship awards high-achieving undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) and graduate students based on merit and financial need.
- The College of Communication Merit Scholarship awards undergraduate students with high academic achievement and financial need with tuition support.
- The Dean's Council Endowed Scholarship in Communication recognizes an exceptional undergraduate or graduate student in the College of Communication in good academic standing and with financial need.
- The Faculty/Staff Endowed Scholarship in the College of Communication is funded by gifts from faculty, staff and friends of the university. The scholarship is awarded to one high-achieving junior, senior or second-year graduate student in the College of Communication with financial need.
- The Joe and Mary Anne Cappo Endowed Scholarship recognizes the merit of an outstanding first-generation junior or senior College of Communication student with financial need.
- The Journalism Internship Scholarship ensures that students pursuing a degree in journalism have access to internships for credit by providing financial assistance. Journalism majors, minors and graduate students are welcome to apply for financial assistance while completing a journalism-related internship for credit via the College of Communication Internship Program.
- The Kat McCullough Endowed Scholarship awards a high-achieving junior or senior student based on merit and financial need.
- The Reach for Excellence Award in Public Relations supports professional development activity of Public Relations and Advertising majors who are members of the DePaul chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America. Recipients receive funding for activities such as conferences, workshops and seminars that enhance their public relations education.
- The Wilke Family Endowed Scholarship in Communication supports the achievements of a junior or senior student majoring in Journalism or Intercultural Communication with financial need.
- Go to Scholarship Connect and sign in using your Campus Connect ID and password.
- Follow the instructions to complete the General Application.
- Use the search feature to locate the opportunity for which you wish to apply. Complete and submit the application for the opportunity selected.
Application deadlines are available in Scholarship Connect.
Awards and Notification
If awarded a College of Communication scholarship, you will receive both an email notification and will find information under the “Applications” tab in Scholarship Connect. Post-award information may be required, so please review all notifications thoroughly.
You may be qualified for other external scholarship opportunities and Scholarship Connect is an excellent way to search for additional scholarship options. Be sure to check Scholarship Connect regularly, as new opportunities are added often.
For help on using and searching Scholarship Connect, more about Financial Aid, or filing the FAFSA, contact DePaul Central. For questions about the above College of Communication scholarship opportunities, contact Shena Ramsay at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 362-7568.