DePaul's student-produced newspaper, The DePaulia, won big at the 2012 Illinois College Press Association (IPCA) awards. The paper earned second place for General Excellence for a Non-Daily Big-School Newspaper, as well as 10 editorial awards, including:
- Sports Page Design, 1st Place
- Column Writing, 1st Place
- Critical Review other than film, 2nd Place
- Feature Page Design, 2nd Place
- Photo Essay, 2nd Place
- Sports Feature Story, 2nd Place
- Headline Writing, 2nd Place
- Feature Photo, 2nd Place
- Sports News Story, 3rd Place
- Sports Column, Honorable Mention
Along with the awards, The DePaulia received critiques from professional journalists and editors serving on panels at the conference. Of The DePaulia they said, "This newspaper was fun to read with a diversity of content throughout. Writing was solid and anything but formulaic. One of the better sports sections and a solid package of editorials and opinions. Feature content is especially strong with timely and insightful reporting."
You can read The DePaulia online at depauliaonline.com, or pick up a print copy every Monday around the Lincoln Park and Loop campuses.