DePaul University's Center for Journalism Integrity and Excellence focuses on promoting the highest ideals of journalism through theory and practice. Recognizing the importance of the role of the media in society, the Center offers training, teaching, expertise and professional outreach.
The Center was officially launched in May 2016, under the co-leadership of Peabody Prize-winning Chicago and national media veterans Carol Marin
and Don Moseley
Located in the College of Communication in the Chicago Loop, the Center provides a nexus bridging the academic and the professional world, capitalizing on the resources of the university and the City of Chicago.
The guiding principle for the Center will be its adherence to the highest principles of journalism including truth, accuracy, fairness and context.
The Center for Journalism Integrity and Excellence will:
- Collaborate with the Journalism program on courses and programming
- Offer and teach courses on investigative journalism, with resulting projects disseminated via a range of media platforms
- Help transition students into the profession by serving as a liaison to media professionals
- Facilitate internship opportunities both with the Center and major news outlets
- Recognize journalists whose work embodies integrity and excellence
- Host summits, seminars and guest speakers related to current issues and topics in the profession