Cynthia Maxey is a speaker, author, and executive coach. Owner of communication consulting firm Maxey Creative, Inc. since 1989, she is the author of six books on communication and presentation skills, including Fearless Facilitation
, Present like a Pro
and Speak Up!
– all focused on presenting to groups. She has been published in a variety of professional journals and newsletters in the area of training, leading learning, communication, motivation, and work and life. She blogs from her website at www.cyndimaxey.com
and her LinkedIn
She has served as President of the National Speakers Association-Illinois Chapter and on the executive board of the Association of Talent Development - Chicagoland Chapter. A frequent presenter at national conferences on presenting, influencing, and involving groups, she also coaches executives and teaches part-time at DePaul University. Her two active, grown children bring both balance and chaos to her life.
- Fearless Facilitation: The Ultimate Field Guide to Engaging (and Involving!) Your Audience (Pfeiffer/Wiley 2013)
- Ten Steps to Successful Time Management (ASTD Press, 2010)
- Speak Up! A Woman’s Guide to Presenting Like a Pro (St. Martin’s Press 2008)
- Present Like a Pro: The Field Guide to Mastering the Art of Business, Professional, and Public Speaking (St. Martin’s Press 2006)
- It’s Your Move: Dealing Yourself the Best Cards in Life and Work (FT/Prentice Hall 2003)
- Training from the Heart (ASTD Press 2000)