Evan F. Moore is an adjunct faculty member in the Journalism program
in the College of Communication. He joined the faculty in 2016.
He is a journalist who writes about the intersection of sports, politics, violence and culture. His work has been featured in DNAinfo, Rolling Stone, The Nation, Chicago Magazine, Ebony, Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Tribune, The Reader, Daily Southtown, The Shadow League, Thrillist, RedEye, Gapers Block, Chicago Reporter, Daily Herald, Huffington Post, Time Out Chicago and in Community Media Workshop’s "We Are Not Alone/No Estamos Solos" project on youth violence.
Media appearances include WBEZ, WGN, Vocalo, WVON, ESPN Chicago, WLS AM, NPR, 670 The Score, i24news, Fox In The Morning, MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes” and WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight."
Evan has spoken on journalism panels at the University of Chicago, University of Illinois, Northwestern University, Dominican University, DePaul University and Roosevelt University.
- Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, Master of Science in Journalism, 2014
- University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ, MS, Administration of Justice and Security, 2012
- Hampton University, Hampton, VA, BA, History, 2002
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- Ida B. Wells Society
- Chicago Headline Club (Board Member)
- Internet Baseball Writers of America (IBBWA)