The Bachelor's/Master's (B.A/M.A.) combined degree programs allow students to complete 12 graduate credit hours while still enrolled in their undergraduate program. These graduate credit hours will count toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree programs. These B.A./M.A. programs are available to College of Communication undergraduates only.
Admission Criteria for the B.A./M.A. in Organizational and Multicultural Communication:
- 3.5 GPA in Communication courses
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Junior status
- Completion of CMN 101, CMN 102 and CMN 103
- Completion of three 300-level Communication courses
Students who meet the above criteria must submit the following to the Graduate Admission Office by May 1st (priority deadline):
Please submit all admission materials* to:
Office of Graduate Admission
College of Communication
2400 N. Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614-2215
- The three graduate courses
taken as a senior cannot be used to fulfill core major requirements.
They can be used to fulfill communication electives and open electives. Students are strongly encouraged to take at least two core courses and a methods requirement (CMNS 500, CMNS 501, CMNS 541 and CMNS 581 or CMNS 582) during their senior year.
- Students admitted to the program must maintain a 3.0 GPA (B or better) in the three graduate courses taken as a senior.
- If a student fails to meet this requirement, they will not be allowed to continue as a graduate student in the program.
- Students can defer their graduate admission for one year. If
students do not matriculate after completing their B.A. degrees or
within the one year deferral period, the graduate courses taken as
undergraduate students will no longer count towards the graduate degree
and students must reapply for admission to the graduate program.