Editor & Publisher announced
their national finalists for the 2014 EPPY Awards and our journalism students' work is represented in a couple of key categories.
- Best College/University Website: The Red Line Project
- Best College/University Investigative/Documentary Report:
- The Forgotten Passengers: Homeless on the El (Kenny Reiter, Bob Bailey and Amy Notestein; produced in Online Journalism I and II)
- The New Drag Queens of Boystown (Brianna Kelly; Magazine Reporting)
- Chicago Stumbler Tumblr Project
Our students previous won the EPPY in 2011 for the launch of Red Line and Chicago Sidelines sports section.
This year’s EPPY Award winners will be announced on October 29, 2014.